COLLINS THEATRE - 122 W. EMERSON
The 1925 Capitol Theatre originally hosted vaudeville and other live stage entertainment in addition to movies. Later renamed the Collins Theatre, the theater was restored and renovated by the Greene County Fine Arts Council starting in 1991 and is home to the Eastern Arkansas Ballet, live theater, musical theater, concerts, and various other events.
CROWLEY’S RIDGE STATE PARK
Located atop the forested hills in northeast Arkansas, Crowley's Ridge State Park occupies the former homestead of Benjamin Crowley, whose family first settled this area.
Native log and stone structures, constructed by the Civilian Conservation Corps in the 1930s, set the mood for this park's rustic warmth. Park facilities include a group lodging area featuring five bunk cabins, a kitchen/dining hall and bathhouse; four fully-equipped, modern duplex cabins with kitchens [in two duplex units]; 26 campsites (18 Class B and eight Tent Sites); picnic areas; snack bar; trails; standard pavilions; baseball field; 31-acre fishing lake (electric motors only); and a 3 1/2-acre swimming lake. The park offers fishing boat, kayak, and pedal boat rentals. Interpretive programs are offered here throughout the year.
Crowley's Ridge State Park is 15 miles north of Jonesboro on Ark. 141; or nine miles west of Paragould on U.S. 412, then two miles south on Ark. 168.
GREENE COUNTY MUSEUM - 130 S. 14th Street
The Greene County Museum is located in the home of former Arkansas Governor J. Marion Futrell. The house, built in 1908, was actually falling in on itself. With perseverance and hard work, the Greene County Museum is now a landmark, a source of pride, and a center of activity for Northeast Arkansas and the surrounding areas. It is also included in the Arkansas Register of Historic Places.
Regular Hours: Friday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Saturday 10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Closed on major holidays
Special Appointments and Tours: Call 870-215-2407
To Contact Museum Coordinator Bettye Busby: Call 870-215-2407
HISTORIC GREENE COUNTY COURTHOUSE / CHAMBER OF COMMERCE
CORNER OF N. 3rd STREET & W. COURT ST.
Located on the old courthouse square in Paragould, this old beauty was erected in 1888 with the designs of architect J. E. Shane (he may have not been the original architect, but the architect of the renovation in 1918). It was replaced as the county's capitol in 1996 when the current Greene County Courthouse was constructed just to the west across the street from this one.
The Paragould Chamber of Commerce is currently housed in the Historic Greene County Courthouse. For more information visit the Chamber’s website at www.paragould.org
MAIN STREET PARAGOULD
108 East Emerson Street
Paragould, AR 72450
Main Street Paragould’s mission is to revitalize and promote the historic, cultural, social, visual, and economic significance of Downtown Paragould; to educate our community about the benefits of a revitalized Downtown; and to involve our community in the revitalization process.
Main Street Paragould has a wonderful mix of dining options, venues for entertainment, specialty shops, office/professional, and service providers, all specializing in customer service. All located in “the One and Only" Downtown Paragould.
WAR MEMORIAL / STATUE OF LIBERTY
CORNER OF N. 3rd STREET & W. COURT ST.
Located on the grounds of the historic Greene County Courthouse; the Paragould War Memorial features a seven-foot tall bronze Statue of Liberty replica, which has the distinction of being the oldest Statue of Liberty outside of the state of New York. It was made to honor the 40 Greene County men killed in World War I. It was dedicated on November 11, 1924, with a parade featuring floats of the Liberty Bell, George Washington, Betsy Ross, and Abraham Lincoln. Marble slabs were added in the 1940s, inscribed with the names of Greene County men killed in America's more recent wars.